One of the research projects should be posted here early next week if I get some samples prepared this weekend. The focus of this piece is on Viking garment edge embellishments and I hope to show where these treatments were used and offer a few tips on how to replicate the looks. It will be part of my Looking Deeper series of articles on this blog.
This will spin off well into a class I was already working on that covers Viking Textile Embellishment based on extant examples. The class is being designed to assist the the students to better embellish their upper class Viking clothing based on archaeology. It will have a short lecture and then be hands on. The idea is that it will help individuals new to Viking studies to sort fact from fiction and enable them to take the next step towards a more period kit.
The next research piece (which is already partly completed) will cover a method of decorative weaving from the Viking age.
Aside from all of the exciting research stuff, I am still working on crafting a cloak for an elevation so my weaving has been temporarily been halted. After that I hope to finish the Hedeby plaid and weave some fabric for Hedeby purses.
Despite health issues (again) with my kitty, I did manage to make it to Siege of Glengary. The event was nice and the weather managed to cooperate and make for a decent day. I got to chat A&S with several folks, so that always makes for a good event.
Next up, Agincourt. And then FFF. I am hoping to some how make it to either AEcademy or Kingdom A&S as well, but decisions on those will be last minute and based on overall feline health.