In retrospect, I wish I had gone for warmer (or even hot) water, as the fibers did not lock together as well as they had in my sample. I, of course, did not discover this until I cut it, so I will now just have to be careful that everything is very well overcast to prevent fraying.
I ended up with 3'10" before wet-finishing and a little less after. The sett is 20epi and the weft had about 33-34ppi. I am happy with that as it is in line with the both yarn gauge and the disparity in warp and weft in some extant fabric samples.
Tonight I will spin the very fine wool singles yarn that I used for the weft into sewing thread for this project and hopefully I can complete this garment prior to Pennsic!