Rams are typically horned and ewes are usually polled but might have scurrs. They come in a range of colors including white, brown, gray and black.
- Staple length: Two of the samples I got were approximately 4 inches and one was 4.5
- Fiber description: Smooth wool with nice curl and waves. Double coated fleece but not too much difference between outer and inner coats on one of the samples.
- Animal size: Rams 100lbs, ewes 70lns
- Lanolin: These fleeces were fairly greasy.
- Notes: The grey fleece I had that had coats of similar size and grist was very pleasant to spin (I liked all three, but that one was my favorite of the lot). The above right image is of the sheep from flock from which my samples came.