So far I love my linen rectangular veils the best, often worn over another linen head covering. I also like my little fringey Dublin scarf. This year I am adding a wool gauze veil to my closet. The cloth itself came from Mood and has a thread count of approximately 50 threads to the inch in both the warp and weft. It is just open enough of a weave to be airy, but still has a wonderful drape.
I did a narrow hem (approx 7mm) that is overcast with natural linen thread. Because some of the Dublin head coverings have cord applied to the edge, I took some of my weaving singles and plied them, and then used two strands of the resulting yarn and corded that. The cord width is 2mm. That too is sewn on with an overcast stitch (using the same weaving singles). I cannot wait to wear this one as I love the feel and the look of the cord edge.
I also hope to finish up my first brocaded band, which will become a fillet. The warp and weft is 20/2 Mora wool yarn (which is a delight to work with). The pattern weft is silk. The pattern itself is a loose combination of patterns from Kaupang and Birka. I will confess that tablet weaving is really not my favorite art, but brocade is changing that. I quite enjoy this process and really look forward to exploring it further. Since I started this band I have worked out how to not have the pattern weft poking out the sides, so my next will incorporate those techniques, but I will say that I am rather pleased with this first try. The band is about a centimeter wide.
I still need to make a few new garments (I need a dress for my vigil and I also want to make use of some of the Sartor silk), and I very much need to work on packing and I need to trim down some of my display boards before I teach my class at War. Mostly though, I am just getting excited about being there!
I look forward to seeing everyone at Pennsic! Cheer!