- I almost did not take the warp over the back beam. I did not make a mess of it as I caught it right after I put all of the chains on the apron rod and could tell something wasn't right, but it should have been my signal to wait.
- I had 256 ends for this project. The threading pattern for the Birka diamond twill is not a straight draw and for some reason, with my addled brain, I could not figure out how to start in the middle and work to the ends with that threading pattern. (Don't ask why as I have no issue with it now, it just did not make sense at that moment.) I started from one side and worked backwards to the other. In the very middle, however, I totally blew it and repeated two threads. Sigh. Had to redo half the threading.
- A missed dent in the reed meant resleying part of that as well.
- For the life-of-me, I could not figure out where I had shoved the handspun weft I did for this project. Much searching finally led me to it, but also to bonking my staples on some boxes in the process. Sigh.
There is, of course, an upside! I actually tied the warp onto the front rod this weekend and was able to start weaving (20 inches in between staple removal, lunch with the BigMan, watching Kill Bill, Batman and taking naps). I love the way this looks. Weaving with a temple (stretcher) makes my life much happier. And the bonus is that the weaving really makes my inept handspun (entirely spun on the drop spindle) look nice. :-)
As for other projects, I ironed 6 yards of linen for Pennsic garb, finished embellishing a bog dress I made for last year and am half through the hand sewing for another bog dress.
Let the Pennsic rush begin!